Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Winkle - Rainbow Bridge March 25, 2009‏

Last night Winkle was huddled in the corner of his hutch and was all fluffed out so we knew something was wrong. He wouldn't eat not even blueberries one of his favourites. We checked to make sure he wasn't blocked or anything like that - he wasn't. We wrapped him up in a towel and cuddled him gently all night. He made noises occasionally like he was in discomfort but would settle if I gently touched or stroked him. I woke up shortly before the alarm went off and he was still with us. When I woke up at 5 am he was gone. He was not quite 6 yrs old. The last of the original Critter Crew. Bye Winks - I love you and I miss you. Make sure you say hello to everyone and I hope Widget, Licorice, Smokes and Squeeeks were there to meet you and are showing you where all the best treats and timothy hay can be found. Say hi to Bruno, Thistle, Tipple-Scritch and Snipset for us. As well as all the other furry friends that have touched our lives. Say hi to the two legged ones too please.Thanks for being a part of my life. You were and are cherished.

No comments: