Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sophocles has gone to the Rainbow Bridge

Sophocles died in his sleep last night. We buried him in the backyard with Socrates attending. I think he knew or understood. I'm sad, but also relieved for Sophocles - he was blind and had lost the use of his hind legs. Regardless, he was still his loving normal friendly self.

I still remember the time early on when p was cleaning his cage and Sophocles decided he had to tell him who was boss. P says he could see the look of fear yet determination on his face as he marched up and bit P on the finger a good chomp or two.

Last night, p brought him downstairs and we both cuddled him for a good long time. I'm so glad we did that. he was so cold. but very happy to be with us. He lay quietly, snuggled on each of us as we took turns to cuddle with him. I 'm so glad we did that. p had a premonition....

RIP Sophocles. May your time over the Rainbowbridge be full of fun and playtime with all the other little critters crossed before you. I'm sure Thistle, Chervil, Tipple-Scritch, Alec, Loomis, Bruno and Widget are there to greet you as you rejoice in the use of your hind legs and eyes once again. and I know you'll be there to greet us all when it's our time to cross.

I love you little guy. Take care.

2 comments:

serenity017 said...

I send big hugs to you and P. He had a wonderful life with you both.. a better home could never be found.
All I can hope for is that with every act, it is meant to be. And we can hope for enlightenment on WHY it happened.

Love
S

Rattie said...

So sorry...