Monday, October 29, 2007

Update on life

Licorice is doing much better. He's finally figured out we aren't trying to torture him and has figured out how to open his mouth so one of us (mostly p because he's around more then me) can shove little bits of food into his mouth. He's been sleeping with us most nights - he gets very shivery because of the loss of weight.

This past Saturday was a good friend's 5oth and I had promised to break in my chocolate fountain. We went, set it up and hung out for a bit, then had to go home to feed Licorice, with the intent of coming back. The fountain was the hit of the party (other then G's predator mask with accompanying face shield!) until we returned with Licorice in tow. Honestly, nothing phazes that little furball. He was calm and had a ball once he was put on the floor - running around the dining room under the table and in and out of the kitchen. Everybody LOVED him.

We got our china cabinet and table on Friday. While I have managed to clean the crap off the old table (with p's help it must be said) and basically set up the new table the old one is still in there. I hope we can get it out soon and start on de-cluttering the dining room. Photos to come! I must say it looks awesome even in the messy horrible state the room is in!! Hopefully p felt good enough today to do some cleaning.

P was sick on Sunday - miserably so. I had no idea how sick else I wouldn't have left to go to the Creative Sewing and Crafts show at the Metro Convention Centre with L. I came home and realized he'd left the kitchen stove burner on. Fortunately on low and without a pot on it but still... it makes me shudder. Although part of me doesn't feel very sympathetic! That's what you get for going crazy on the chocolate fountain and dipping carrots and broccoli as well as whatever else was SUPPOSED to be dipped in it! But I hate it when he feels rotten - quite frankly it scares me. So it was probably better that I was out to leave him in peace.

Money situation is looking much better I'm soooo relieved. We just need to submit the required junk to the broker and hopefully in a week or so we'll have the new mortgage in place which means way better cash flow and that we can start saving for a cushion.

It's funny, but as p says, things seem to work out -even when I think we are the most desperate all-time low, something happens to get us through. And now we can do better then just getting through which I'm very happy about.

gotta go catch the GO!

1 comment:

serenity017 said...

Hey K!
I am so happy to hear the positive tone in this post... whew. Glad Licorice is doing so well!
I hope P feels better.... chocolate broccoli? Huh.

Yeah... i have done a few silly things that make me shudder too.. how close a call it could have been on something so simple...

glad it is well.

I will admit, your talk of having a cushion is a bit scary.. since I don;t have one. But all in time I guess. I am doing my best... I thin in February it is review time.. I always get a raise.. so hopefully that will not alter. I hope my Child Tax Credit will go up once they get my status update.. so that might help. And despite how tight money is, I still contribute each pay period to my work RRSP. IT's not much.. but at least I am making an contribution.

Look forward to seeing you both Sat!

Hugs & love

S&S