Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Tuesday Morning Go Train Hell

Last night I did not get any sleep again. Despite going downstairs to the couch in the living room my feet kept hurting all night long. One would stop then the other would start. Not quite as bad as last Thursday which caused me to stay and work from home as I was exhausted and there was no way I would make even the 8:00 am train at Burlington. Probably more on a par with Wednesday night.

Every morning I drag myself out of bed with p's help knowing that I have 45 minutes to an hour or more to sleep on the train on the way in. I really need that hour espeically after nights like last night. Well this morning at Burlington these three dames (and I use that loosely) get on the train and plunk themselves down beside me and proceed to yap yap yap all the effing way into Union Station about the most inane things. They all went shopping in the States on the weekend and bought this which cost that when in Canada would cost this. All three were more then overweight, dyed blonde and very hard looking. And what really killed me was the topic of conversation after the initial shopping bit. They moved on to Christmas and gift giving and all they could talk about was how much they spend on someone's gift compared to someone's elses, and I'm going to stop buying my god-daughter gifts how old should I wait for her to be before I can stop? And people give the most useless gifts and blah blah. Then, the one sitting next to me decided to give the woman across from a blow by blow of a TV show. Meanwhile, the entire way in I'm sitting there with my eyes closed obviously trying to sleep and they can't shut up or move some where else to be considerate. It's the morning for God's sake. I sat there thinking SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP all the way hoping in vain one of them might be slightly empathetic and figure it out. But no.... yap yap yap yap. The three of them were the epitiome of Hamilton women. That is not a compliment in case you were wondering.
What a bunch of inconsiderate shallow excuses. They could have at least had an interesting conversation if they had to keep me awake. I should have moved once they sat down. I just knew they weren't going to shut up.

Yes I'm grumpy - it's bad enough my body won't cooperate with me to get a good night's sleep but then to have my train snooze so rudely interrupted was beyond belief. Why can't I find a spot on the train that is quiet??? Why why why???

1 comment:

serenity017 said...

Oh K... people ARE so unforgivably rude.. I see it all the time as well. Sigh. Some days it is all I can do to be part of the human race and be nice to fellow man when so many of them seem incable of the smallest courtesy.

I am sorry your feet are bothering you.. I take it there is little you can do for that? Heating pad?

What about a different spot on the train? Way in the back or the front? Would that make a difference?

I don't know a lot about Hamilton women.. you are the only one I know and you are wonderful. Your description actually sounds just like who W is dating right now.. that is wuite amusing.

The shallow will persist... but we can keep a hope alive that they will at least pick another train and leave the rest of us to our peace.

(p.s.... thanks for the email. I can't express enough how you & P have been instrumental in my weel being)

hugs
S