Monday, April 07, 2008

This totally made my day on Friday

Technically I am writing this blog just after posting the last one - but it's an entirely different topic (the Wii is related to my overall health that's how I justify the combination of Dr's visits and the Wii purchase in the last post!).

I was out of the office all day Thursday due to the appointments detailed in my post previous to this one. When I came in on Friday morning, JD had left two messages as she had tried to call me on Thursday a couple of times. (I have a bad habit of forgetting to change my phone message and email to "out of office" - which I suppose I better stop forgetting. But no one ever calls really) I called her back and she had to whisper the entire conversation. But here is the gist of it...

She had a meeting with RC to get sign-off on the records holds and somehow the conversation came around to me. The order of the conversation is not necessarily as per the original as I can't keep it straight. Just so's you know, RC is very senior mgmt.

RC mentioned that she sees me sometimes at Corp. JD told her I would love to come back and work in Burlyteen. RC said "really? CS would kill me...but I've done it to him before..." (CS being her equivalent here) She also said she had the "utmost respect" for me (blush). JC said she and I had a really great working relationship. RC also asked, would I want to do a combination of compliance work, RM etc because apparently (they're moving the entire L and C team to the Burlyteen office next January which means quite a few people are going on Workforce to find other roles in the organization because they don't want the commute - commute takes them from 5 mins to work to probably 30 mins to an hour) they are combining several roles into one. JD said, oh definitely (she knows the reason I took this job was because I didn't want to only work in the RM field) I think that's when she said she and I had a great working relationship.

Oh man, it would be so awesome to go back. For a number of reasons. I so feel like a square peg here - it's been better since I was moved over (not physically) to work for LG instead of JG who hired me originally. I'm starting to feel like the work I'm doing is the quality expected whereas before I apparently was lacking in several ways. I still have lots to learn, but that's not the point - LG is a MUCH better mgr I think. Even when he has to relay negative stuff, he is much kinder about it. But I do think that there is a major culture difference here and that may be part of the problems I've been having. Well, even if it comes up, a chance to move back, I doubt it will be anytime soon. Since they don't plan to move the team until Jan to give the people on workforce a chance I suppose I can't see them looking to hire soon. But at the same time, that probably looks positive on me - that way I've spent almost two years instead of only one in this role.

Needless to say, I told JD she rocks and that she is the absolute best. She totally put the bug in the ear of the best person!!! She's become an amazing friend. She, myself and SI meet up every couple of months to get together for lunch. Funny, because when I first met her, I felt like she would not like me, because she's fashionable (which I am not), athletic (which I am not), French (which I am not) and slim and pretty (which I do not feel I am even though now I 've lost a ridiculous amount of weight - Dr. C actually told me I needed to put a lb and half a week back on) - anyway, you get the idea. Yet we did have an amazing working relationship that has translated into an enduring friendship. I feel really good about it - too because I feel that I helped mentor her to where she is now. (my old role!)

Anyway, to detail all my experiences here at Corp would require another post and a lot more time which I should do at home.

1 comment:

Canada said...

yay!!! Fingers crossed!