Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Deadly

Monday C and P drove in with me in the morning so P could run a few errands and they could hopefully go to the AGO. Unfortunately it was closed and will be closed for a while. They did manage to hit the artist's supply store and C was happy because she was able to purchase some oil paint colours that aren't available in Mexico or Bolivia. Since the AGO was not open, P took C to the Eaton Centre and she found some good stuff! We went for lunch to Mai Tai, a Thai restaurant up the street from where I work. C had never eaten Thai before and really enjoyed it. She wanted to treat us to dinner so that night after work we went to the Nataraj an Indian restuarant (with Chinese waiters!!) on Bloor Street. One of my favourites and yet another cuisine C had not had before. All in all the day and the food journeys were a success! But then... oh no, we found a new bookstore!! Eeeek!

There used to be a building on Bloor Street, right across from the 24 hour Super Save (how I loved that store in university!) that was boarded up for years and years. Much to our surprise Monday night it was no longer boarded up and a bookstore had opened on the main, basement and top floors! We went in and it was like being in a candy shop. This store buys used and overstock books, DVDs, VHS and Music CDs and the prices were unbelievable! I picked up two little house on the prairie books for $2 each in perfect condition. I got Eragon and Eldest in an unopened hardcover set for $25 (by far the most expensive of anything I bought). I bought The Emerald City of Oz in hardcover by Frank Baum for $7 and a Spanish Grammar for $7 and a beginners Latin for $7. Oh and an Anne McCaffrey and Margaret Ball book - Acorna. I think that was $4 or $5. C got Stephen King's Misery and the Complete Narnia Chronicles in Spanish for less then $20. Not to mention all the DVDs we got plus p's books as well. There goes $200 - but wow, what a steal!!!!! They had an amazing fantasy/sci fi section and I didn't dare set foot in the music section!!!!

1 comment:

Canada said...

It's a VERY good thing my parents live here now and I will not be in close proximity to the bookstore - always dangerous places for me to be!!!